- Parents demand the best medical care for their children. At NWGH, services are designed to give parents the satisfaction that their children are receiving the best medical care. To achieve this contentment, high standardization is coupled with a caring approach, tailored according to the age, physical and psychological needs of the child so that every child feels safe and secure and remembers his stay in the hospital as a pleasant experience.
- Primary Care
- Immunization Centre
- There is provision of wide range of quality vaccines. Parents are given detailed explanation about the importance and timing of vaccination recommended in the EPI Schedule. Information leaflets on certain common illnesses and the preventive measures and curative treatment against these are available. For children coming from foreign countries, it is recommended that the parents discuss with the pediatrician the recommended schedule for children. Nutritional Rehabilitation & Feeding Advice Service
- Poor nutrition and growth problems are common in our community. Not only do they predispose children to illnesses and retard healthy growth but they also cause perpetual worries for the parents. NWGH provides preventive strategies in these areas as well, strongly believing that prevention is better than cure. Children with more complicated problems are referred to the consultant pediatrician for thorough investigation and management.
- Secondary Care
- Out-Patient Clinics
- The service normally covers neonates from birth up to fourteen years of age, although there is some degree of flexibility .Highly qualified and experienced pediatric consultants, each with their own specific field of specialization, run the out patients clinics in both morning and evening hours.
- Pediatric unit is split into subcategories according to age and according to degree of illness.
- Neonatal Services.
- This comprises of Neonatal intensive care and Nursery.
Neonatal Intensive care (NICU).
- NICU is fully equipped Level III unit. It has full facilities for premature born before term to extremely sick neonate requiring intensive care setting.
- We regularly deal with premature requiring ventilation and support. We have fully trained nursing staff and doctors who can look after newborn on ventilation.
- The unit has very strict infection control policies. And we request our patient relatives to be co-operative with us.
- Our NICU also look after post-surgical newborns operated with Congenital Diaphragmatic hernia, absent anus, bowel obstruction etc. Nursery
- Nursery unit is used for less sick newborns requiring level II care. Babies are either looked after in incubators or cots depending on degree of illness. This includes mild infection, phototherapy, oxygen therapy, tube feeding and growing premature, exchange transfusion, sugar control etc.
- It is a first ICU of its kind for whole of KPK. It caters for all type of sick children from age one month to 14 years. There are beds with full ventilators facilities and 4 beds with intensive care
- Here we look after infants and children with pneumonia, severe life threatening asthma, unconscious patients, head trauma patients, Coma due to any condition like diabetes , liver or brain problem.
- Children ward is located on the third floor. It has been designed exclusively for young children with colorful bed linen and curtains thus providing a cheerful ambiance. The ward also has a television and cable network with ample number of cartoon movies and other entertainment. Presently, 4 children can be accommodated in each bay. Children with a wide variety of illnesses are thus looked after in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere making their ward a home away from home.
- Children who are acutely ill and need urgent treatment or arrive at odd hours or holidays are seen by the doctor on duty sitting in the emergency. NWGH staff Pediatrician supervises such patients.
- Training And Teaching Programs
- Training of new postgraduate doctors.
- Training of nursing and paramedical staff