The Nutrition Department is a key factor in healthcare delivery. Nutrition as a treatment can speed recovery and reduce the incidence of medical complications, thereby decreasing the number and duration of hospital stays as well as the need for medications, surgery, and other treatment. In this context, Nutrition Department at Northwest General Hospital and Research Center is dedicated to fulfill the nutritional requirements of all our patients. Admitted patients are counseled by our qualified dietitians on regular basis according to the diagnosis and laboratory findings. These services beside others include preparation of diet plans for the patients suffering from different medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, malnutrition, weight issue, celiac disease etc.
- Our objective is also to promote the nutritional awareness in an individualized manner
- Those patients who needs enteral or parenteral nutrition support are also provided with nutritional supplements of appropriate type.
- The department also monitors the improvement in the nutritional status of the patients on a constant basis.
- Preparation of diet plans according to patient condition.
- Patients following is made necessary in order to properly monitor nutritional value
- Children with nutritional likes (Malnutrition) one treated on priority basis.
- Nutrition OPD is conducted six days/week by our qualified Nutriments in the morning & evening shifts.