The hospital-based DIC perform various activities which include answering the in-house calls, participate in drug use evaluation, coordinate adverse drug reaction reporting and publishing newsletter, provide service education, assist in Pharmacy & Therapeutic committee, and oversee investigational drug activity including,
1) Information about drugs to health care professional like Indications, dose calculations, Contra-Indications, side effects etc
- Drug Interactions
- Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting
- Availability of Substitute
2) Patient Education Services
- (Right drug, Right dose, Right dosage form, Right route, Right patient)
- Publications (Newsletter, Bulletins, Journals etc)
- Poison Control Centre (prevention & management) It will provide information regarding poison management in case of common household poisonings, occupational exposures to various chemicals, and information on supportive treatment in case of hospital admission.
Drug Information Bulletin
The center is publishing a PHARMACY BULLETIN for transmission of information to the health care team on monthly basis. Hours of Centre: The Centre is open every business day Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.