- To ensure the availability of quality medicines and safeguard patient health by monitoring quality of medicines available within the hospital
- To set up a standard as a state of art laboratory in the area of quality control and consequently to meet international standards
- To ensure credibility of work by International Certification / accreditations with the globally recognized bodies
- Identification of the active ingredients (Qualitative Analysis)
- Assay determination of active ingredients (Quantitative Analysis)
- Biological Assay for antibiotics
- Sterility tests for I/V Fluids & Injectable
- Endotoxin tests for I/V Fluids & Injectable
- All OFFICIAL TESTS for drugs as per B.P & U.S.P
- To ensure the credibility of work by ISO 17025.
- Certifications and accreditations with the globally recognized bodies.
- Pharmacy Policy and Procedure Manual & Documentation as per ISO guidelines ... a standardized system-based approach to develop Policies & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for standardization of work in different areas of pharmacy.
- Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Service & Patient Counseling ... a program in which quality assured medicines are dispensed / sold against a valid prescription through patient counseling.
- Inpatient Pharmacy Services and Medication Management System provide safe, accurate and efficient delivery of medications at patient’s bed side.
- Oncology Pharmacy Sterile IV-Admixture Program ... provides accurate and ready to administer sterile IV-chemo medicines to the admitted and daycare patients in the hospital.
- Drug Information Services including documentation and monitoring is available to answer all medicines related queries to clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, patients and other paramedic personnel inside and outside the Hospital.
- Drug Evaluation Program evaluates & recommends the inclusion of quality and cost effective medicines to P&T Committee for inclusion in the hospital drug formulary.
- NWGH Drug Formulary... is designed to reduce the inventory cost, and to provide continuous availability of quality and cost effective medicines to the patients.
- Pharmacy Extemporaneous Compounding Services ... provide different required combination and dosage forms of medications which are commercially not available in Pakistan.
- Pharmacy & Therapeutic Committee (P&TC) is an advisory group of Consultants from various departments of the hospital which recommends the policy to hospital administration on all matters related to the use of medicines within hospital and its clinics. P & T Committee also performs the duty of Drug Evaluation Committee (DEC) recommends the addition/deletion, safety, quality and cost effective medicines in the hospital drug formulary.
Chairman & Members of P&TC
- Dr.Arbab Nisar(Consultant Nephrologist) Chairman
- Dr.Bilal Sethi (Consultant Pediatrician) Member
- Dr.Aziz ur Rahman (Consultant Surgeon) Member
- Dr.Akbar Said Jan (Professor of Anesthesia) Member
- Dr.Tariq Jabbar (Consultant Surgeon) Member
- Dr.Roheena (Director Pharmacy Services) Secretary
CLINICAL PHARMACY SERVICES (Point of Care Pharmacy) The goal of Clinical Pharmacy Services is to ensure patient safety parameters. Pharmacists will visit and review all medication orders in the patients’ profiles and provide professional recommendations to clinicians about the medicines, their doses, their interaction with other medicines, duration of therapy, lab reports etc. Proper monitoring of medication therapy by pharmacists on daily basis enhances the quick care and cure of the patient which results in timely healing of the disease, which highlights the cost effectiveness in therapy to the patient. Pharmacists will be available to reply any medicine-related queries from clinicians (such as medicine dosage, renal dose adjustment, choice of therapy, etc) as well as the nursing staff (such as drug reconstitution and dilution, administration, rate of infusion, etc).
NWGH CHAIN PHARMACIES
NWGH Chain Pharmacies will be offering a full line of pharmaceutical services to patients/customers. Our goal is to be a successful chain of friendly neighborhood pharmacies offering extraordinary customer service. It will distinguish from other pharmacies and pharmacy chains by providing additional services while maintaining the highest level of care with our patient/clients.
AWARDS & CERTIFICATION
The Department of Pharmacy is ISO 9001-2008 certified and working for Certifications and accreditation with the globally recognized bodies.