North-West General Hospital & Research Centre is committed to provide patient centered professional medical care and service which is solely patient oriented. Radiation therapy is one of these proud services offered first time in private sector in KPK province.
It is the medical use of Ionization, generally as part of cancer treatment to control or kill malignant cells.
- It may be used as part of curative therapy, to prevent tumor recurrence after surgery.
- It has been used before, during and after chemotherapy in various types of cancers.
- is the physician responsible for deciding and prescribing radiation treatment.
- will monitor your progress throughout your course of treatment, and will follow your progress afteryour treatments have finished.
- Is responsible for the treatment planning of patient.
- Is responsible for the safety and accuracy of the equipment and computer systems used in treatment planning and treatment delivery, work behind the scenes with the doctors and radiation therapists to make sure your treatment is designed specifically for your needs
Is responsible for the safe and accurate delivery of daily treatment of patient.
We offer 2D, 3 Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy (3DCRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
To deliver precise, accurate, targeted radiation, we use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.
Our treatment unit is:
Varian Linear accelerator with Electronic Portable Imaging Device (EPID)
Computerized treatment planning platform:
Varian Eclipse Planning System
Oncology Information system:
GE large-bore CT simulator
Quality Assurance Equipment:
- Portal Dosimetry of IMRT plan
- PTW 3D water phantom
- PTVV Quick check
- PTW Ion chambers
Radiation Therapy is the medical use of ionizing radiation, generally as part of cancer treatment to control or kill malignant cells. Radiation therapy may be curative in a number of types of cancer if they are diagnosed earlier and localized. It may also be used as part of curative therapy, to prevent tumor recurrence after surgery. Radiation therapy can be used before, during, and after chemotherapy in various types of cancers. It can also be used as palliation for advanced/ metastatic cancers.
In our department, we have one 6MV linear accelerator with well trained Radiation Oncologist, Medical Physicist and experienced technicians. We are among few of the distinguished centers in the country to offer IMRT, which is localized targeted radiotherapy with minimal toxicity to the normal structures around. We offer portal dosimetry for QA of IMRT plan, and portal imaging to have quick view of pre-treatment images. We are the first one to offer this facility in private sector in KPK province, with sole aim to serve and help the people suffering from various types of cancers.